Monday, September 28, 2009

More milk for me, and a blog you should defintely check out.

As EVERYONE knows by now, Sheila is gone, and while this is quite a loss for the studio as we lost an exceptional trainer and a good friend, I am pretty excited that I have all the milk to myself now. No one to refill it with water, no one leaving milk IOU's around the fridge. . The future looks promising.
It has been a solid week now since she has left, and I have convinced most of her clients that have switched over to me that we do not mention her name in these walls anymore. Surprisingly, they didn't have much of a problem with it.. . Sorry Sheila.
But I wish you the best on your 5-6 month vacation, and I will try to make sure that there is a spot here for you when you get back.. seems I am the only one with this opinion though. The other guys aren't too keen on it, but I've got your back. :)

GOOD LUCK!

Now, onto actual important issues. hehe. It's nice that even though she's gone, I can still picture her reading this, squinting (more than usual) and just saying, "I hate him" over and over again.

But all of you should make your way over to a blog I have found recently. It is called "Obesity Panacea - Two researchers in pursuit of a cure for Obesity" and can be located at www.obesitypanacea.com . One of the 2 contributors is a high school friend of mine named Travis Saunders who is now a PhD student in Exercise Physiology in Ottawa, Canada. You can read his full bio on the site, there is just a little too much for me to mention here. Now this blog is FULL of very useful information and I have yet to come across a post that I didn't fully agree with. They answer all of your health related questions and are very up to date on the latest fads and marketing gimmicks that society is throwing at us. I consider their blog like an educated version of mine, as I just show you links to the most terrible inventions I have ever seen (Shake Weight, Neckline Trimmer) and shake my head, where as they actualy explain to you why these do not work, in easy to understand scientific terms.
Their "Top 10" blog posts is one of the best reads I have had in a while and I wish more health professionals put as time time and effort into their craft as these two have.

Take a look and see for yourself. I also recommend signing up to get updates by email as everything they post is worth reading.

And Sheila, if you have read this far and still don't have the urge to send me anthrax, I want you to know that your cat never fought back, not once. ;)

1 comment:

Sheila Wynne Fung said...

...
you make me cry, you know?