Saturday, July 18, 2009

Bulletproof vest + ACF trainers = Internal bleeding.


So recently, we had one of our clients bring in a bulletproof vest. And I don't mean a flimsy, kevlar covered vest that policeman wear now.. I mean a 25 pound, kick ass, porcelain composite, covered with kevlar kind of vest that can stop missle attacks.
So, if anyone is going to volunteer to put this bad boy on and see who can hurt him.. . of course it was going to be me. Some people think I am weird.. Ok, everyone thinks I am weird, but who else can say they get paid to get beat up while wearing a bulletproof vest? So it started with a lat pulldown bar, just a nice tap.. . then a little harder.. but we quickly realized that that made a lot of noise, so we upgraded to kicks.
Sheila was first. I figured, being a black belt and harboring some pretty intense anger from me making some "not so professional" comments for the last 9 months, that she was going to destroy me. She ran from the other side of the studio and kicked me very hard. I could see the gleam in her eye when she was running towards me.. . pure glee. But it didn't hurt at all... and she kicked me hard. This vest is awesome. Unfortunately for my insides, Roger was there too. I saw him standing on the other side of the room, in the shadows, rubbing his hands together, with a little smile on his face. Now, as much faith as I had in said vest, Roger is about 6"4, probably 6"5, and around 260 pounds. But, why not. So he started out with a nice front kick, not too shabby. But still no pain. So he decided to make a run from the other side of the studio as well.



Can you think of the most afraid you have ever been in your entire life? Picture an ex CFL player of 10 years, half smile, half grimace, running at you full tilt, and you knowing that his size 15's are going to connect with your chest in a matter of seconds. I wont lie, it was intense. Then came the boot. It knocked me back a good 6 feet, but didn't even take my breath away. Awesome.

So, since then, I have had the vest on a few more times, used it for some focus pad sessions, and have probably taken more kicks to the chest then should be allowed, but hey, I bet it's only a coincidence that I coughed up some blood yesterday. And that I can't take deep breaths.. . Uh oh.

I'm kidding, it was awesome.

Have I mentioned my job is awesome?

1 comment:

jackharrywilson1 said...

The method of execution is really impressive of writers of this blog. This team does really work hard and brings new information to its readers. I am connected with this blog very long and I am really thankful.Miguel Caballero