Friday, February 6, 2009

I Smell Spring..


Delicious!

The shorts are about to come back out of retirement, no more jackets to work, only sweaters. Spring is here! Ok, it's a New Brunswick spring, but still, -5 is good enough for me. Everything is beginning to thaw and trees are losing their "grey" look.
And everyone knows what that means.. It's time to start jumping over things again. Parkour is officially on the go March 1st. I'm calling it right now. I'm pretty pumped. I've noticed a strength increase over last year, and my endurance is better as well, so I'm excited to go out with a few people from last year and see how things look.

Have you ever listened to a song and thought, "This song makes me want to run as fast as humanly possible, and jump over everything that gets in my way. ." ? No? Just me?

Well, here are a few of my favorite Parkour songs, they aren't necessarily the fastest songs, or the most English, but I like them anyway.

- Asian Dub Foundation - Flyover.
- Massive Attack - Teardrop
- Soil - Halo
- Disturbed - Indestructible (Fitting eh?)
- Bush - Machine Head
- Five Finger Death Punch - Ashes

I'm getting antsy, I want to go jump over things right now.. Maybe i can set something up in the gym..

I see the summer of '09 being a summer where I conquer a lot of obstacles.. break a few personal records.. and possibly some bones. We will see..

No comments: