Monday, June 22, 2009

New workouts are fun.

It is going to take me a long time to write this blog entry.. mostly because I have to correct almost every word, due to my hands shaking. That's when I know it's been a good workout, my hands are shaky and my legs don't walk in the direction I want them to.

Contrasts. Try them. www.t-muscle.com has an amazing article on what they are and how to destroy your body doing them. It's basically based on the idea that your muscles can be confused. Same idea as if you were to pick up a glass of water that you though was full, but had no water in it. Your mind would tell your muscles to exert more force to pick up the glass, so it would come up fast.

So start with a heavy exercise with a weight you can do roughly 6 times, followed by the same exercise, but unloaded and explosive. This is how my sets with Jeff went. (Ernie's brother-in-law that I work out with at the studio. . he is the one that makes sure I do these workouts and not go half-assed.)

Squats - Heavy 3 sets - 6 reps
After your first set is over, jump to
Explosive jump squats 3 sets - 15 reps

Deadlifts - Heavy 3 sets - 6 reps
Kettlebell Swings 3 sets - 15 reps

Bench Press - Heavy 3 sets - 6 reps
Explosive push ups 3 sets - 15 reps

Bent over row - Heavy 3 sets - 6 reps
Explosive pull ups 3 sets - 15 reps

By then, it's time for some good old fashioned hand tremors.

I love my job.

No comments: