Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Holiday Indulgence

So, Christmas is over.. It is January and you know what that means. The countdown begins until I can undo the belt again and go wild for 2 weeks like this holiday season. I am not going to lie to you and say I had Christmas salads and water shooters over the holidays.
We trainers are only human, just like you. To be honest, I gained 7 pounds in those two weeks. But I know my metabolism, and if just sneeze 6 times, that will be gone.
I have given most of my clients a bit of leeway, there are boundaries that should not be crossed, like the "excessive gravy" boundary, and the "3rd glass of eggnog" boundary, but for the most part I don't want people moping around during Christmas being angry that they can't enjoy turkey.

Now, I'm not saying they didn't pay for their un-fitness sins the first day they got back to the gym, I had many clients raise their eyebrows at me while saying, "I don't think so." But threaten them with a scale, and they are more than ready to go.

I am back on track now, and much like everyone else, have a few body composition related resolutions that I plan to achieve before next year rolls around. I can only hope some of you come to me with new goals you would like to achieve, because I would be more than happy to be the one person that made a resolution stick.

No comments: